Bafgh Desert | A worth visit desert for sand lovers

Bafgh Desert

Bafgh Desert | A worth visit desert for sand lovers

Bafgh Desert is one of the most beautiful deserts in Iran. It is located in Yazd province, 10 kilometers away from Bafgh city. Having a surface area of about 750 square kilometers, it is considered to be one of Iran’s biggest deserts. In fact, it is not just one desert. This area consists of several parts; each one unique in its kind.

Darre-Anjir

The Desert of Darre-Anjir is located 10 kilometers north of Bafgh city. About 40 percent of it is clay soil and the other 60 percent is salt; due to its high salinity, plants do not grow in this area.

Dare Anjir Desert

Dare Anjir Desert | Iraninform

Moghestan Desert

Moghestan Desert, located 40 kilometers north of Bafgh, consists of two parts, northern and southern. The northern part is in the shape of a triangle and because of the underground water, it is a little green and some parts of it are even marshy. The southern part on the other hand, has beautiful salt hills. Spring is the best time to visit this place.

Moghestan Desert

Moghestan Desert

Bararig Desert

Having huge sand dunes and picturesque sceneries, Bararig is another spectacular area in Bafgh desert.

Bararig Desert

Bafgh Desert | zhivar

Sadeghabad Desert Pavement

In the south of Bafgh desert there is a place called Rig-e Sadeghabad (desert pavement) that is famous for its tourist camps and the facilities. You can enjoy camel riding, safari, sunbathing, a bowl of traditional Ash (pottage) and etc.

Sadeghanad Desert

Sadeghanad Desert | Kojaro

Caracal Desert

Another part of this desert is the habitat for a wild cat called caracal and is named after this long-tuft-eared animal. If you are lucky enough, you may catch a sight of this animal.

Carnaval Desert

Carnaval Desert | Karnaval

* Written by Arefeh Firouzan.

.

Official Website: N/A Entrance fee: Free
Wikipedia: Click here Name(s) in Persian: بافق
UNESCO Website: N/A Public transportation availability: N/A
Province: Yazd Accommodation availability: N/A
Phone: N/A Facilities: N/A
Working days: N/A Restaurant & Cafe availability: N/A
Opening hours: :N/ABest time to visit: All Seasons

Photo Gallery

.

Related Posts

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *